Since this year has been a mess, it’s going to be a very different New Year’s than any other year. Even though I had envisioned myself at a bar ringing in the new year that will not be the case for this year, so I wanted to try and put a positive spin to enter into 2021 with a great mindset. But nothing says that you have to ring in the new year sober in the slightest. I also added some fun drinks I tried and created some names that might inspire some of you. These drinks will be a great way to close out this absolutely insane year….
S’mores Charcuterie Board:
When I was younger, my New Years Eve was spent making s’more’s out by the firepit with my family and that is what I’ll be doing this year. I thought a great way to add some creativity and fun to this tradition would be to make a s’more’s charcuterie board. I attached my inspiration below if you need something fun to do at home this year and want to try it out! Closing out 2020 with my family is the perfect way to end a year of truly great and cherishable family time.
New Years Eve Drinks:
AKA Yellow Hammer Slammer (made for a pitcher)
I think the name truly speaks for itself. Very much needed after everything this year.
- 1/2 cup Vodka
- 1/2 cup Rum
- 1/2 cup Amaretto
- 2 cups Pineapple Juice
- 1 ½ cups Orange Juice
2. Aloha 2021:
AKA Blue Hawaiian Cocktail
I love Hawaiian drinks so I had to add one to this list. Gonna be manifesting my future life in 2021 while sipping on these!
- 1-2 oz coconut rum or 1 oz coconut rum and 1 oz cream of coconut
- 1 oz blue curaçao
- 2 oz pineapple juice
- Crushed ice
- Pineapple slices
- Maraschino Cherries
AKA Pink Starburst Martini
Considering drinking was one of the only things to do in quarantine ,I thought this drink would be perfect to add to the list.
- 3 ounces Vodka
- 1 ounce strawberry kiwi juice
- 1.5 ounces strawberry flavored seltzer or sparkling water
- Pink Starbursts
4. Stay at Home Shots:
- 3 ounces flavored gelatin mix
- 1 cup water boiling
- 1/2 cup water cold
- 1/2 cup vodka
Steps for Jello Shots:
- Boil 1 cup of water
- Then Pour a 3-ounce box of gelatin mix into a mixing bowl. Pour boiling water over jello and whisk until jello is completely dissolved.
- Add vodka and cold water, 1/2 cup each, to the mixing bowl. Mix everything together.
- Place your 2-ounce plastic cups on a baking sheet without the lids and pour the mixture into plastic shot cups. Leave in fridge for 2 hours.